Friday, January 01, 2010

New Years Day

The store was fairly busy today, but that's to be expected I guess considering it's New Years Day. I closed the fudge shop, and was scrambling at the end of my shift to get everything I wanted to get done finished. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but for the most part the department looked up to par.

It was strange to drive home around six and have it already be dark. I really don't like the time change, I'd rather have it stay light longer. I guess it really doesn't matter what I'd prefer though.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll finally turn twenty-one and plan to spend the day at work. Birthday's really aren't that big a deal, for the most part it's just another day the only difference being that you're a year older. The most exciting thing about turning twenty-one is it's kind of like officially becoming an adult.

While technically you're an adult at eighteen, it still holds restrictions, and you still have a license that denotes you as somehow short of adulthood. You are recognized as an adult with the exception that you cannot drink. Twenty-one is really only a milestone in that it means there are no longer any restrictions placed upon your behavior. To an extent anyway.

I'm excited to get a license that's horizontal rather than vertical. That is a pretty cool perk!

No comments: