Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh, hello.

Just so you know, I didn't happen to stumble into a black hole or anything like that. Though, I suppose that would be a far more interesting tale concerning my blogging absence than the actual reason for my absence.

I want to be honest with you here, and in all honesty my absence can't even be attributed to a lack of things to say... because I have plenty to say even when I don't feel like I do... and it can't be attributed to a lack of time, because while time may always be fairly scarce when you have as many things going on as I do, I still find the time for facebook, so blogging should be simple enough.

No my dear blog, it seems that I fell into that 'funk' that I find myself routinely falling into every couple of months. You know the one, it's when you feel as though you have been boxed into a corner, and no matter what you do you cannot escape that corner. I find that in those quiet moments in which I am left to myself I begin to feel a kind of suffocation that can only be attributed to too much introspection.

But I couldn't even bring myself to put words to the feeling until I happened to come across a letter of sorts that I had written to a friend when they were feeling a bit bummed out, and in that letter I happened to quote this verse: "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him." - Isaiah 30:18

It was that verse that brought me away from the overwhelming introspection that I have lately been indulging in and brought me back to the present. It reminded me that patience is the key to calming my heart.

At any rate it is a bit late, and my day starts early tomorrow. I hope my ramblings here have made some sort of sense, and starting tomorrow I plan to dive in and begin where I left off on the 30 day challenge. I may not have stuck to the schedule but I plan to finish it reguardless.

I'll talk to you soon.

No comments: