Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week 46: HP Challenge Day 12 and 13: Favorite ship? Least Favorite movie?

Question Day 12: What is your favorite 'ship'?

As far as the core books go, I don't dispute any of the original pairings, they all work and make sense and are just generally the way that things are in the series. Probably my favorite ship in the core series is Remus and Tonks. They are such opposites and yet they make so much sense.

Going outside of the core series, I really enjoy reading fanfaction that ships Hermione and Fred. There really isn't any basis for this pairing in the books, but I've just read some excellently written fanfiction that ships these two and in that context it just works. Besides, if you've been following along this month, you also know that Fred is my favorite male character.

Question Day 13: What is your least favorite of the series movies?

Earlier in the month I noted that the third movie is the one that made me "angry" because it left out a lot of the details from the book. It's the least true to the books because there are a lot of important details that are glossed over due to time constraints.

For these same reasons it is my least favorite movie in the series, even though I've since taken to recognizing the movies and books as separate entities.

I'll talk to you soon.

No comments: