Monday, November 07, 2011

Week 45: HP Challenge Day 6 and 7: Dream House? Favorite Female?

Yesterday was an exceptionally long day. By the time I finally got home all I really wanted to do was get some sleep, in preparation for today, which turned into a moderately long day... At any rate, I chose to skip posting a mediocre entry last night in favor of catching up with a more thought out entry today.

You deserve better than something that's just been thrown together for the sake of something having been posted. So without any further delay...

Day 6 Question: What house would you want to be in?

There isn't a doubt in my mind that my first choice would be Gryffindor. I mean, it's a house that prizes bravery, daring, nerve and chivalry. I've never imagined myself in any other house, never really considered the other houses all that much. For my part, this may be largely because the bulk of the major main characters in the novels ARE in Gryffindor...

Although, as I've pondered this question further, Ravenclaw would most certainly be my second choice as far as houses that I'd want to be in. I mean they're all about intelligence, knowledge and wit and I consider myself a HUGE bookwork. I'm constantly seeking out new information and learning new things. In fact considering the characteristics that are most valued in Ravenclaw, I probably more strongly personify that house than I do Gryffindor...

Diverging slightly from the question however, in all actuality, I'd probably end up being a Hufflepuff because the characteristics most associated with that house are hard work, patience, loyalty and fair play. Each of those are things that I believe deeply in and try to practice daily, with more success some days than others. While none of these are bad things, I don't know... I'd probably be a Hufflepuff, but I'd prefer to be a Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

Day 7 Question: Who is your favorite female character and why?

I love Professor McGonagall. I just really think that she is amazing. It's such a fun progression in the books going from 1-7, because you learn so much about all of the characters, and she's one you're introduced to very early in the book.

She's tough and sticks to her guns, and she's the ultimate Gryffindor. I just really love some of the contrasts that you see in her character. She's that professor that every once and a while surprises you with her wit. She disarms you.

No comments: