Friday, January 30, 2009

Inadvertent Sleep Deprivation

Despite attempting to go to sleep around eleven last night, I ended up reading until two-thirty this morning. Sleep has been illusive lately, which is annoying, but last night it’s absence allowed me to read a book from cover to cover.

That’s something I haven’t done lately. It was refreshing.

I still haven’t remedied the watch situation. I considered buying a new band, but that’s equitable to buying a new watch. I could buy a new watch, but I don’t really want to. So at this point I’m thinking of making or at least rigging up a new band. That of course is going to take some ingenuity.

Although, I must say it’s interesting to have gone without a watch for the last week. You begin to realize just how reliant you are upon being able to know exactly what time it is. In many ways not having a watch seems to make time more important, because you think over it more. Yet, at the same time it becomes less important because it is less accessible.

Do you think we over exaggerate the importance of time in our everyday lives?

No comments: