Thursday, February 19, 2009

Spring Perspective

I need to stop making plans. I planned to come home from work tonight and complete my Philosophy Exam and completely failed in that effort.

“Pride and Prejudice” fan fiction is just so much more tempting… obviously.

It was snowing earlier, I don’t know if it still is, but it was. I hate snow. Despite having a winter birthday, I still can’t stand winter. In fact, the only justification for January at all is my birthday in my highly accurate opinion. I am much more partial to spring.

Many people would flock to summer because it’s warm and generally there is some sense of a lack of obligation. (Unless of course, you work in retail…) Others would say they are partial to fall because it’s so pretty when the leaves change colors. They are fascinated by the gradual demise of summer into winter. A few crazies think winter has some merit. ;p

I however, really enjoy spring. Spring marks the re-birth of warm weather and brilliant sunny days. Spring ushers in new beginnings and fresh starts. I’m looking forward to this spring. Though for the most part I am enjoying my classes, I’m ready for a break. I’m ready to breathe again.

This summer will be the first time since starting college last fall that I won’t be taking classes, and by this spring I should have some idea of what this fall will bring. This spring I will know, I will some idea of the future and it will be welcome perspective.

No comments: