Friday, February 27, 2009

Skillz

“What are some new skills you would like to take the time to acquire?”
I would love to know how to knit, or crochet even. I would be so much easier to knit or crochet a scarf because then it would be made the way I want and the color I want. I probably wouldn’t be so ambitious as to attempt a blanket or anything. I’m not that patient. But yeah, it’d be cool as hobby.

I would also love to learn how to play the piano, or at least the keyboard I own but cannot play. While I may be able to read sheet music, which seems to be half the battle, I have trouble making sense of which keys are what notes. You would think it’s not entirely too different from playing the flute, but it seems to be. Someday this is an endeavor that I will take up.

I remember several years ago I wanted to learn to roller blade. Although, I’m certain this is a bad idea because I am clumsy enough with two feet solidly on the ground. There is no need for me to go about nearly ensuring that I break a leg.

The only other thing that I wish I was more skilled at is making small talk. I am not very good at the whole social thing. I often find that I don’t know what to say in social situations, which makes it difficult to meet and bond with new people. I would love to be able to make conversation more easily than I do now. It’s something that I need to work at, though I like to delude myself into believing that having a job has helped me a little bit in this area.

No comments: