Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My New Hero

I had to drive to WCC today in order to have a final transcript sent to MSU. It would have been a nicer drive had the sun come out, but Sarah agreed to ride along so it was a fun trip. Once we had stopped at a Coney Island for lunch, we headed back towards home.

Funnily enough, as we were headed out of Saline this car stated tailgating me, and once we got to section of twelve that included a passing lane the woman passed me. Mind you, the driver was a little old lady and I was speeding as it was. It was hilarious, and that woman is my new hero. I want to drive like her when I’m older.

The remainder of the drive was uneventful, aside from the ridiculous police debacle once we’d reached Adrian. We were driving along and I looked in my rearview mirror only to be greeted with the flashing lights on top of a police car. In general it doesn’t bother me to be pulled over as long as I know that I’m doing something that makes me worthy of being pulled over.

I was doing nothing wrong in this instance, but I pulled over nonetheless. I proceeded to watch as he drove on by. Of course I was relieved, but confused. The police officer didn’t pull over the person in front of me either, in fact at the first opportunity he pulled onto a side street and turned off his lights as he continued to drive along. Talk about annoying.

No comments: