Sunday, November 15, 2009

Church

The sermon in church today was really good. It was all about how society tells us it's natural to rebel and how that idea is false. While we may be inclined to rebel to authority, it is actually God's wish that we be submissive. I liked how he made the point that that it is possible to rebel in a submissive way.

For instance you can break a rule in order to stand up to it, but when it comes time to receive punishment for breaking that rule it is important to than accept that punishment. In this way you are following and abiding by the law and yet at the same time pointing out that it is flawed.

Overall it was just a really interesting lecture. I think I like the idea of calling it a lecture more than a sermon. The word sermon just feels like it has a negative connotation associated with it. It seems to exude the idea that someone is preaching at you or down to you when that really isn't the case here.

Anyway, after church I hung out over at the girls house and then we ran some errands. I have a vague sense of what needs to be written for my paper, so we'll see what I can come up with tomorrow. It's due tomorrow at five but I'm really not overly worried about it. I'm doing well enough in that class I think.

Really that's my attitude at this point in the semester. I am doing well enough. Hopefully my estimation of the situation as it stands is true. Fingers crossed!

No comments: