Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

Today was Thanksgiving, and it was an interesting day to say the least. In fact it could have been less interesting and that would have been fine with me.

As usual we had Aunts, and Uncles and Cousins over for the usual family dinner. We watched the Detroit Lions lose, at a delicious meal and just generally enjoyed each others company. However, unlike most family dinners, we had the weight of my nieces disappearance on our shoulders. Her other grandmother dropped her off at her friends house last night, and then this morning she wasn't there and wasn't answering her phone.

At one point this afternoon I drove into Tecumseh to see if I could find her at one of her friends houses there, and didn't have much luck with my endeavour. Thankfully she finally turned up this evening, though really the trials are just beginning. For the moment we are praying for the strength to weather this present storm.

In other news, I have now determined that though I can drive on empty for sixty miles, seventy-three miles is clearly too far. I most definitely ran out of gas as I was driving to get gas this evening. Dad had to bring me gas, which didn't end up doing the trick, so we then had to use the mini-van to push my car to a local gas station.

It has been an interesting day. At the moment we're watching "My Sister's Keeper", and just taking it easy in general. We shall just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: