Saturday, December 05, 2009

The Almost

I've nearly finished compiling a rough draft to send off to my editor. Once I manage that I just need to get my post for today's review written and then I can get some sleep. I'd prefer to skip straight to getting some sleep because all of a sudden it is becoming hard to stay awake.

This week is the final week of classes which is extremely exciting. I'm looking forward to getting to go home for Christmas break. It's going to be awesome!

I'm hoping that I can take the opportunity to see my nieces on a regular basis and maybe offer a little bit of guidance. Sometimes I feel like I haven't always been there for them the way that I should have been or could have been, and I regret that. At this point though I feel like I am in a much better place to serve them in that capacity. That is a relationship that I definitely want to work on over this break.

I'm also really excited about getting my new driver's license because it is one more step towards going to Mexico for spring break since I'm going to get an enhanced drivers license rather than a passport. It's cheaper and quicker, and just generally makes more sense since I don't plan on doing any study abroad programs.

I also need to get on the ball about checking to see about internships that I can do this summer. There are a few that I'm interested in looking into, and I need to do that soon. Ultimately this is the problem of course, I know what I need to do, I just haven't done anything about it yet. Procrastination is not a good thing.

No comments: