Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Today was a good day. I went to bed early this morning after watching 'Runaway Bride' for the third time. That movie is amazing, it never gets old.

It was around one when we finally gathered around the table to eat. We had just gotten done praying and were beginning to pass food around when my older brother started to inspect his fork rather closely. After a few moments of inspection, he looks down the table and asks, "What is this white stuff on my fork?"

Dad answered that it was probably paint and that it'd been there for a long time, and my brother kind of chuckled and answered, "Oh, so lead paint then." We finished passing food and had just began to eat when he breaks and says, "I'm going to need another fork" and tossed his over the the portion of the table near the kitchen.

The dinning room was more than full today so there wasn't really room to get up and roam around.

So mom went to get another fork, and dad began to inspect the discarded one when he then says, "I'm not sure what this is, but I don't think it's paint."

It was an entertaining meal! After we ate we opened presents, and I think each of my nieces really liked the blankets that I made them. I was pretty sure that they would, but even still it's a lot of fun to watch someone open up a gift that you've gotten them and noticeably like it.

We just got done babysitting my little cousins, and are preceding to spend the evening watching t.v. and eating potato chips. Ultimately it's been a day filled with family, and really aren't those the best kinds of days? It's so nice to be home!

No comments: