Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Home Stretch

The semester is almost over, and that makes me anxious. I am anxious for Christmas break because it means some time at home with my family, and especially my nieces, I get to go back to work and see everyone there, I have some plans in the works with some of my awesome friends, and I'll finally have a GPA.

I'm stoked!

Of course being anxious for the end of the semester means that I'm not really interested in class at the moment, so I have to work twice as hard to get my focus where it needs to be. It's a tough balance sometimes. But I don't think I need to worry too much at this point. I feel like I have myself set up to come out of the semester with a very strong GPA.

I even think that I may be able to break away from the perception that they tried to drill into our heads at orientation this summer. They were really adamant about the fact that most transfer students come in and don't do as well as they expect to in comparison to where they were going before. I would love to be able to say that I transfered in and beat those low expectations.

I'm ninety percent sure that I've set myself up to do just that, and that makes me excited!

No comments: