Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Best Welcome

“What was the best welcome you have ever received? What made it so special?”

During my senior year I was a cross-age tutor. This meant that for one class-period three days a week I would go to one of the local elementary schools and help out in a classroom as a teachers’ aide. The way that it was set up is that you were assigned to one classroom for the duration of the year.

There was one morning into the second week of the class that I showed up at my assigned classroom and found out that my students were in gym class, and I was welcome to join them there if I wanted. So obviously I headed down to the gym.

The minute I walked through the gym doors one of the boys spotted me and shouted, “I love you Miss Sandy!” It was absolutely adorable, and most certainly one of the best welcome’s that I’ve ever received.

No comments: