Friday, April 10, 2009

The Hypnotist

So today was interesting. In fact I could have had a less interesting day, I’m just saying, that would have been fine with me.

First of all there was the woman on the phone who seemed to be annoyed with me, even though I didn’t really say anything that should have bothered her all that much. Really, I can’t read minds, therefore questions cannot be helped. This is no reason to be short tempered.

But I digress.

So this woman wanted to order these drawer pulls. Fine, ok I can do that. But of course, it can’t be a simple matter; because of course these drawer pulls are being discontinued. Great, this means that I can’t order them all in one fell swoop. Therefore I spent the majority of my night calling around to other stores in the company trying to get them to send me these drawer pulls. I need thirty-three of them, and have managed to round up eighteen.

Lovely, I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow night.

The second reason why tonight was interesting isn’t quite so blah. I was sitting at the desk in my department, on the phone with another store regarding the drawer pulls, and of course I was on hold. This by the way was awful because rather than music playing instead there would be silence that was occasionally broken by these high-pitched beeps. It was annoying.

But anyway, I’m sitting there on hold when out of the corner of my eye I notice a group of people stop in front of my desk. So I lifted my head and turned to look at the trio of woman that were standing there and indicated that I could help them.

I kid you not, one of the woman opens her mouth and says, “Can you tell me where the hypnotist is?”

I may have come off as a little rude at first, because I’m pretty sure I was staring at them like they were out of their minds. This was not the question I was expecting. But of course, once I got over how strange the question was it occurred to me that maybe a hypnotist had rented out one of our conference rooms, and sure enough this was the case. I pointed out one of the rooms, and the group confirmed that the hypnotist was in fact there.

As I said it was an interesting night.

No comments: