Thursday, April 02, 2009

Time Management

There are several things that I should at this moment be doing. In fact, for the past four days I have fed myself that same sad delusion: that I would complete my philosophy exam, get it e-mailed off early and not be working on it down to the wire. I dare you to guess what hasn’t gotten done yet…

Worse than not done, I haven’t actually, really started it. I’ve thought about it. I’ve considered it. I just haven’t acted on any of those very valid thoughts and considerations.

This is my reoccurring problem. This is why, as much as I tend to dislike them, deadlines are good for me. They lend structure to my disorganized thought processes, and allow me to find focus in moments of scatterbrained meandering.

Am I off now to work on my Philosophy exam? Well I should, at least a little bit. Of course I should also get some sleep so that I can get myself to work in the morning. So many obligations, and such a short span of time to meet them…

No comments: