Monday, April 27, 2009

Enough With The Neurons Already

I still haven’t heard anything from MSU. Still. Yes it’s driving me crazy, no I don’t really want to talk about it, let alone think about it.

On the WCC front my unofficial transcript currently indicates that my associate degree is pending. I want to take this as a good sign. I’ll give them a couple more weeks to get back with me on that front, after all this week is only week six.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate waiting? I’m sure I have, but it bears repeating. I. Hate. Waiting.

Aside from the whole waiting game aspect, today was actually a really productive day. We finished covering our last chapter in algebra, and I think I have a pretty good handle on things there. Today was also the last lecture in Abnormal Psychology; I get to take that final on Wednesday. Yay! Last night I finished and sent off my Philosophy exam. That was an AWESOME feeling; I’m so relieved to be done with that class. Earlier I managed to finish a massive outline for my Shakespeare paper, which is all that remains to be done for that class.

I’ll probably write the majority of the paper on my breaks at work tomorrow. I am so psyched to nearly be done with this semester! It is most definitely time for a break.

Earlier I was sitting in my psych class, and we started watching this movie. I kid you not the entire first half of the movie described in depth the appearance and function of a neuron. Now, in general relearning information doesn’t tend to frazzle me. I am used to this part of the education process. I get it, we need to keep going over the same information, it’s important, I will play your little games.

However, I must draw the line at this continual studying of neurons. Really, the concept is not so very hard to grasp. I understood it in all of my high school Biology classes and in the Intro to Psychology class I tool in the fall of 2007, and the Child psychology class in the following winter, and even the Human Biology course I took this last fall. By the time we went over it this semester in Abnormal, I was fully tired of the subject.

Neurons as important as they are, are not so very complex that they warrant this much attention. Or at the very least, they are not so important that they warrant this much of my attention.

No comments: