Monday, March 09, 2009

Hating Shakespeare

For some reason at the beginning of the semester I thought taking a Shakespeare class would be a good idea. I have no idea what my rationale for this decision was, but yeah I was wrong. Not only is it driving me crazy because obviously it’s all Shakespeare all the time, but it’s also on online course.

This week is “midterm” week, at least as far as that class is concern. This means that I have this crazy worksheet to do based on the three plays that we have read so far, and it’s driving me up the wall. Essentially the whole thing is turning into a scavenger hunt through the three plays to find specific quotes so that I can expound on them.

Not only do I get that lovely craziness, but I also have to write a paper. I still haven’t figured out precisely what my topic is going to be, and I’ve agreed to go to work tomorrow. All of this is due Friday and like a moron I’ve promised away large portions of my free-time.

Why is it I only over-think things when it is completely unnecessary, but when it would do me some good to ponder my answer before I speak I choose to impulsive?

No comments: