Sunday, March 15, 2009

Travel Ramble

If I could go anywhere in the world right this instant and not have to consider any responsibilities, I would jump in my car and just drive. I wouldn’t have any particular location that I would have to reach. The idea is soothing.

Sometimes I become easily immersed in whatever is stressing me out in the moment that it’s refreshing to imagine taking a step back and remembering to breathe. It often feels as though
I’ve forgotten to breathe. I don’t think of this notion as running away, so much as I consider it an opportunity to clear my head.

So many times whatever is stressing us out is related to a time or place it dwells in the atmosphere that surrounds us on a daily basis. We feel trapped by circumstances and regrets. Melancholy can be an overwhelming thing, an intangible wall that over time surrounds and encases us making escape seem impossible. There are moments when it is necessary to remove yourself from the equation, to forget the problem if even only for a moment in time.

There are so many things that I want to do, things that I need to do, and then there are the things that I am compelled to do. It is easy to feel weighed down by things that in hindsight are insignificant.

No comments: