Sunday, March 15, 2009

Past, Present, Future

I love the sound of spring. It is wonderful wake up in the morning to sunlight streaming through the window and birds singing in the cool morning air. Spring is fantastic because it is the end of freezing to death every time you step out the front door.

Spring is a time of new beginnings, a chance to start over after the hellish ordeal that is a long and grueling Michigan winter. As majestic as a first snow may appear when view from inside a cozy house, I’m not sad to see it go.

The other lovely thing about spring, is that it is the prelude to summer which means that school is almost out. It’s not that I don’t enjoy school, but I’m ready for a break. I want some time to myself. I don’t want to worry anymore about squeezing in time for homework in-between work and actually attending classes.

What I really want is to sleep again. It’s easy to forget what it is like to really, and truly sleep. Worry tends to erode away any chance of sleep, which conversely leads to sleep deprivation, leading to further worry. It is an endless cycle perpetuated by the inability to take a step back, to forget the past, let the future be and take the present one moment at a time.

No comments: