Thursday, June 18, 2009

Meeting Goals and Facing Worry

Logically I know that I shouldn't be frustrated by the fact that I have so many people choosing to worry about me. They worry because they care, but at the same time I can't help but wish that they would care a little less sometimes. The burden of their worry is sometimes too great a burden to carry around.

Maybe that seems a little petulant, and ungrateful... but I don't know of any other way to put it.

I am quite obviously excited to start at MSU in the fall. It's something that I have been working towards for years. It has always been the goal, and maybe that's why I am confused by the reactions I am garnering from some of my family. They knew that this was the path that I was on, why are they so SHOCKED?

I won't pretend to have the answer to this question. I would however love to find the answer, because those answers that I on occasion believe would fit the inquiry are not the answers that I would like to be true. Do they really have so little faith in the person that they know me to be?

No comments: