Thursday, June 04, 2009

Under the Wire

I will warn you in advance this post is being hastily written and therfore will most likely be crap. Sorry, it's just been that kind of day. Hopefully tommorow will be better, but today was crap.

I spent the majority of my day at work, which is generally fine. I mean work is not necissarily the first place you want to be, but being there results in a pay check so whatever. The thing is, my shift didn't start off well. I got there early and noticed that two new schedules were up, so of course I checked them out. Now the one I had seen already, and knew that I wasn't on it which had bothered me before but I was over it.

So I checked it out today only to discover that I'd been penciled in, and of course my schedule now conflicted with plans that I had made prior to its existance. Of course, there is nothing really to be done here but to change my plans because the whole work thing is pretty fixed. It's annoying, but I'm not half so annoyed as I was.

So of course, I finally got around to clocking in and heading to my department. The minute I got there I found out that my manager wanted to talk to me. I was informed that first of all I am not carrying my weight as far as whoring out the company credit card, and second of all I am not badgering enough customers into handing over their phone numbers at the registers. Apparently I need to work on these things. Whatever, sure. Is it August yet?

Alright, so maybe my temper hasn't cooled as much as I thought... The day before the whole work thing wasn't all that great either though. My front tire seemed to be deflating so we had to put air in it. I really hope I don't have to buy a new tire. That would suck. Then of course because I am so absent minded I nearly left my lunch sitting in my car. That would have been a genius move.

But really this takes the cake. I walked in the door, thinking about the fact that I needed to post this. I was going to go get my computer and write this and get it out of the way with plenty of time to spare, and then I didn't. I have no idea why I didn't, but I didn't. So of course a few minutes ago I looked at my watch and suddenly remembered that I had failed to write ANYTHING for today's blog. O.M.G

So this is crap, and I'm sorry, but really this is the the perfect ending to a perfectly crappy day.

No comments: