Thursday, July 16, 2009

PentUp Rage

Why is everything so fucking difficult? I don’t understand, no matter hard I try the logic here is escaping me. What the hell am I supposed to do? I’m reaching the end of my rope and my back is against the proverbial wall.

The government offers this mindless propaganda about getting an education because that’s the only way to get a job, and yet when you go to get the education there is nowhere to turn in order to acquire the funds. I do not have 20,000 just sitting at my disposal. How the fuck am I supposed to go to school if no one is willing to offer me a loan without a cosigner, and then won’t accept any of my potential cosigners?

I am mad as hell, and quite frankly at the moment I don’t care who knows. The system is broken, the economy is being, or rather has been, flushed down the toilet. When I was younger the powers that be were always talking about the future, and how we children were the future. It’s looking to be a pretty cruddy future at the moment.

Anyone who is willing to be my cosigner has been turned down because their credit isn’t up to the loaners standards and those whose credit would pass aren’t willing. Talk about a fucking catch twenty-two.

I understand that I don’t have a long credit history, but that shouldn’t mean anything as far as a student loan goes because there is no way to get out of repaying it. You cannot claim bankruptcy against a student loan. Besides this, who the hell do you think gets or needs a student loan?
Young people between the ages of 18 and 25 are the ones, for the most part, that will need funding for school. Obviously people in this category don’t have a long credit history, because they don’t have the jobs in which one earns large sums of money a year. These individual have no means of obtaining such a credit history.

In fact the ironic part of it is, is that the whole point of school is to get a job that allows for you not only to pay off your loans but also to be a part of the credit bracket that these lenders are apparently looking for.

FML.

1 comment:

Bob said...

*sigh* Couldn't agree with you more, sadly. Normally I have no problems concurring, but this is one of the times I really wish I didn't have to.

But believe me -- I know the feeling.