Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sneak Peek

So I asked Sarah what I should blog about, and she said that I should blog about her having a headache… and though she thinks that I can come up with one-hundred words about a headache, I’m not so sure. At any rate, instead of a usual post tonight I’m thinking that I’m going to insert an excerpt of my “novel-in-progress”.

Now mind you when I say in progress I really do mean in progress. This is from the beginning, feel free to let me know what you think:

The room spun; colors and objects bleeding into one another. Chilling voices rang out, screams and shouts penetrating the mad scene. In agony she fell to her knees, and cradled her head in the palms of her hands. Her thoughts were in a tumult as she fought to grasp some pillar of comprehension. The familiar darkness threatened to take hold.

A light knocking accompanied by a voice softer than the others teetered at the edge of her conscious. Gradually she returned to the present, feeling drained. “Melody?” Her mother questioned. “Melody, are you alright?”

She lifted her head, mystified by the tears that had pooled in her palms. “Yeah.” Her voice felt as though it was lodged somewhere in her throat. “Yeah, I’m fine.”


No comments: