Monday, August 03, 2009

No Pants Required

I stayed up until two o'clock this morning, and honestly it was by accident. I was finishing the forth book in Patricia Briggs "Mercy Thompson Series". Really that series is utterly fantastic. At any rate, I was so caught up in reading, that I didn't pay any attention to the clock. I was shocked to see that it was two o'clock, because I was quite literally lost in a book.

Of course, I didn't see it as being a problem since I didn't have to be to work until two in the afternoon. I assumed that I would be able to sleep in, but then I shouldn't have made such an assumption. I woke up at nine all on my own.

It was however a productive morning. I finally stopped debating about it and committed to buying a Acer netbook. I wanted to go ahead and get a Mac, but of course I couldn't afford it outright and they wouldn't accept my application for financing on it. Oh well, if I get a refund through school or whatever maybe I'll go ahead and get one anyway. At any rate, in just a couple days I will once more have a computer all my own. God, I miss having my own computer.

Once I got to work today, Joan and I spent about two hours moving most the furniture around the department in order to make room for merchandise to come up from one of our "sister departments" in the store. It was a rather large move but the end results weren't too bad. In fact it really opened up the space and gave it a fresh look.

The rest of the evening was devoted to giving breaks and lunches and general clean-up in the department on my part. While I wouldn't say that the store was necessarily busy tonight, I kept busy and so it was a productive day.

Once I got home mom announced that she needed to go to the store and pick up a gallon of milk, so the the two of us plus my two nieces headed to Meijer. The whole of that excursion was unremarkable, until we were on the way home. We stopped at Speedway to pick up a pop, and my two nieces headed in while mom and I stayed in the car. This guy walked in just after they did, and in typical young guy fashion his pant were practically falling off. My response to this, was to turn to my mom and ask, "Why exactly did he bother with pants if he doesn't plan on wearing them."

Shortly thereafter my nieces returned to the car giggling, and the younger one says, "You know that sign on the door... it says you have to have a shirt and shoes, but it doesn't say anything about pants!" We all burst out laughing at that point.

Once we had marginally calmed down the oldest of the two explained that Kristi made this observation to her while they were inside, and her first response was to ask where she had gotten that idea from because it "sounded like something Sandy would say".

See, my nieces know me. ;)

No comments: