Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nervous Energy

Saturday is posed to be both an ending and a beginning. As of Saturday I will be leaving the place that I have worked at for just over two years now, and that makes me a little nervous. I know in the past few months I've managed to convince myself that I needed to hold out for August, that August was the month that mattered and now that it's here all the nervous energy that I haven't felt for all that time seems to have caught up with me.

Saturday means that I am that much closer to leaving behind everything that is familiar and jumping headlong into a foreign environment. I may be moving only an hour and half away, but I am leaving behind family, friends, and a job that I've grown comfortable and competent in.

Will I miss my job? Maybe not the job so much, but definitely the majority of the people. Thankfully I might be able to come back seasonally... I still need to see about working that out.

No comments: