Thursday, September 17, 2009

Concentration Fail

So I'm definitely coming down with something, and it better be just a cold. My voice seems to fade in and out, breathing through my nose just isn't an option for the moment, and I have a sore throat. I really don't want to be sick.

I'm heading home for the weekend tomorrow after class. Apparently AT&T have awful communication skills, so my mom and I have to go work out another issue with my phone. My phone number will be reverting back in the near future. Lovely.

I took my first Economics quiz today, and that definitely could have gone better... though it was online so of course it was open book, it was a little hard to concentrate with my roommate and her friend bouncing around the room getting ready to go out. At least now though I have an idea of how the quizzes will go and can be better prepared next time. I now also know to take them earlier in the day.

For the most part though I am caught up on my homework. I have to finish reading House of Sand and Fog tonight for class tomorrow. They way that he had it assigned we were set to read the book in a week. Essentially we were assigned to read about one hundred pages between class periods which occur every other day. I like to think that I will have it read by midnight so that I can actually get some sleep.

It was two thirty this morning when I got in from Fellowship. But I had fun. It was definitely better than the alternative of sitting here and being told that I need to "get out there and meet people". Yeah. I'll get right on that. No, but I really do like going to Fellowship. I feel really comfortable there.

Earlier I went this program going on in my "neighborhood" called the "World News Forum". That was actually really interesting and it's held monthly so I think I'm going to try and keep going to that. Essentially a bunch of us met together and discussed things that are going on in the news at a global level. The program is really well organized and its interactive without being overly interactive. It was actually kind of cool.

No comments: