Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Steak and Twinkies

The following was written as I sat in my Lit/Cultures class earlier.

We are going over the paper that we are supposed to write in the next week and a half. In fact, we are more specifically going over how to write the paper and have been doing so for the past half an hour...

Do I really need to point out that I'm bored?

I'm thinking that since I'm not going home this weekend that Saturday day would be prime time to do laundry. I actually really don't mind doing laundry, in its own way it's kind of relaxing. Plus, doing laundry never feels like wasted time because I can get in some studying while I wait.

Now we've moved on to discussing the reading we were supposed to do today...

I am now back in my dorm room, the rest of this picks up from there. So I don't feel like I've been very productive since getting back from class. I really do have some reading that I need to do, and maybe I'll be motivated to do so after I post this. I woke up later than I had intended to this morning, and then felt kind of crappy to boot. However, I eventually made it out the door and to class.

I debated going, but as it turns out I'm glad I did. My JRN 108 class is always interesting, but today we had a guest speaker and he was pretty cool. He's teaching a class next semester that sounds really interesting, but I don't think I'll be able to squeeze it into my schedule.

As you can tell Lit/Cultures was as fun as ever... Economics was alright, but I definitely forgot to review for today's quiz like I had planned to. That was kind of a bummer, though I don't think I did too badly on the quiz. We shall see I suppose. I have come to one conclusion though. It seems that Economics teachers have an obsession with food. My current professor likes to talk about steak, ALL THE TIME. Which is fine, cool, whatever. It just reminds me of taking Economics in high school where the teacher ALWAYS seemed to bring up twinkies.

No comments: