Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Forgetful SLUG

I was so focused on finishing my SLUG worksheet for class tomorrow that I nearly didn't write this before going out. That wouldn't have been a good idea.

Now that I have you confused though, maybe I'll explain what a SLUG worksheet is. It has nothing to do with an actual slug, I promise. Basically in journalism a 'slug' is a short description of your article that you are supposed to include near the top of the page when you turn it in to your editor. In this case it needs to be there when I turn articles in to my professor.

Anyway, we're going to be writing our first articles this coming week, but first a SLUG worksheet has to be filled out. Basically this explains the article idea to Omar, and then he determines whether we can run with the idea or if we have to go back to the drawing board.

I'm really hoping that the idea I've come up with is going to work... Other words I'm not really sure what I'll write about, but I suppose we shall see.

No comments: